Outlook for the Week (tentative)
- Based on the forecast for the week, we will
- Monday: Sail, or try to sail. If there is no wind, we will work on the boats more, and also do a dry-land crew training day
- Tuesday: MAKE-UP TEAM RUN. We will again try to sail tomorrow. If the forecast is dismal, I will audible and we will stay on campus.
- Wednesday: Alternate Team Run Make up. Same as Tuesday: we will try to sail, but if no wind and raining, we will stay on campus
- Thursday: Quite possibly a top-team only heavy air, heavy crew training day.
- Sailing practice for everyone if not too windy.
Today: Accelerate from 0 Day, along with basic team boat handling
- We will rotate our extra crews in as best as possible
- There are several subtle things crews and skippers can do to make acceleration quicker from zero. Weight trim (not only rocking, but fore and aft), sail trim (very important), and ability to move effectively from point to speed mode together (so teamwork in the boat). Doing this in a narrow space is a key skill in college sailing.
- Our ONE goal for today is to work on accelerating from zero or going very slow, to holding a lane. You MUST make sure you create narrow lanes in the drills. Don’t always start in the same spot.
- If you can do this with your teammate, you will be a vastly better team/fleet racer.
- FTL whistle upwind
- Stop/start drill
- Hold at Mark 1 drill. Practice this on your own with marks out on the water. Get to leeward of a mark, and try to hold/stay there. Then accelerate as quickly as possible to tack around it. Easy to envision, but hard to do.
|1||Mariner Fagan||Ryan Wahba||Chase W Hilliard|
|2||Maddie Hawkins||Jordan Bruce|
|3||Sam Bruce||Addi Harris|
|4||Owen Hennessey||Andrea Riefkohl||Coach Boat 2|
|5||Thomas Sitzmann||Raam Fox||Regan King|
|6||Zander King||Rees Tindall||Audrey Klepper|
|7||Teddy Cromwell||Alex Brenia||Lila Gibson|
|8||Patrick Dolan||Hayden Lamb||Riley Condon|
|9||Kyle Reinecke||Lilly Baker|
|10||Jack O’Donnell||Anna Howell|
|11||Robby Meek||Chase O’Malley|
|12||Nick Garcia||Cole Petrinko||OUT|