Team Race Practice
Today we will do a few boat handling drills all together:
- RS windsprint, tack on whistle, stop/start
- DW gybe, etc. 3 whistles is slow down to a stop if possible, 3 whistles is start up again.
- Practice team races with the double-whistle. during the race, if/when i blow 2 whistles everyone stops. I then call a boat or two to go… then 2 whistles starts it up again. Red vs. Black, and Blue vs. Green
- Please check FJ’s. I drained them early this morning, but please drain them again so that they do NOT sit over there full of water.
- Check your boats…. make sure all is working well.
- EVERY BOAT MUST have a bow-line before sailing today. NO exceptions. If you don’t have a shackle, to attach your bow line, find one. Most of them are bright orange.
- Safety Talk
- Never leave your boat (when out on the water)
- Never stand on an overturned hull unless you are doing it to save yourself or a teammate.
- If conditions ever deteriorate enough to the point where you feel uncomfortable, and I am out of earshot, feel free to begin heading in.
- ALWAYS stay low in the boat…especially downwind. Never put your body, especially head, in the potential path of the boom.
|1||Mariner Fagan||Ryan Wahba|
|2||Maddie Hawkins||Jordan Bruce||Hayden Lamb|
|3||Sam Bruce||Addi Harris|
|4||Owen Hennessey||Cole Petrinko||Coach Boat 2|
|5||Thomas Sitzmann||Raam Fox|
|6||Zander King||Rees Tindall||Riley Condon|
|8||Patrick Dolan||Regan King||Lila Gibson|
|9||Chase W Hilliard||Audrey Klepper|
|10||Kyle Reinecke||Lilly Baker||OUT|
|11||Jack O’Donnell||Nick Garcia||Brooke Arnold|
|12||Robby Meek||Chase O’Malley||Andrea Riefkohl|