Practice 1 Today
- working on crisp, sharp FJ roll-tacks and re-entering the world of FJ sailing, and matching roll/flatten to each unique wind/wave conditions all the time.
- Working hard on understeering downwind in maneuvers. You may want to practice rudderless DW sailing if you get the chance
- Use old FJ sails today. The sails they have at TRYC are the standard slow ones.
- Crews practice jib trim and remember to be hyper-sensitive with down-speed trim angle/tension. Always re-evaluate jib trim, always.
- Once up to speed mains can normally be trimmed pretty hard. Be careful of vang tension.
- Normal warm-ups
- some practice starts, will be important to work on this
- If time, some First-beat legs then stop, then a DW leg to a gate.