Final Beat / Downwind Gate Day for Whole Team : TEAM COMMUNICATION, focus, boat-handling, & TACTICS
Things to work on:
- keeping options open downwind as much as possible, and communicating about favored gate/favored next side, etc.. Do all this while sailing fast and in clear air downwind.
- mark roundings & positioning
- boat handling. Don’t be afraid to gybe twice in succession!
- Upwind, consider where you are. back of fleet, you need to gain 2-5 places. Mid-fleet, you need to gain 1-3 places. top of fleet, you need to stay where you are.
- use upwind final beat as a platform to find the best open lane, clear air route to the finish. Constantly communicate
- Keep your score upwind! every boat you beat is +1; each boat you lose is -1. the highest score wins.
- Line up in reverse Sail-Number-Order. 12-11-10, etc. Follow coach boat. round weather mark in SNO and race to leeward gate. Pick the correct gate, and race final beat to finish. KEEP YOUR SCORE.
- Then rotate numbers to 11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,12. Repeat
|7||Zander King||Benj Damon||Chris Sixbey|
|8||Teddy Cromwell||Hayden Lamb||Alex Brenia|
|9||Patrick Dolan||Matt Hoyt||Chase O’Malley|
|10||Christiaan Smith||Chase Hilliard||Cole Petrinko|
|11||Jack O’Donnell||Maddi Meyer||Anna Howell|
|12||Ella May Corckran||Raam Fox||Brooke Arnold|
|FJ1||Mariner Fagan||Ryan Wahba||Wes Ingrao|
|FJ2||Maddie Hawkins||Marcus Adam|
|FJ3||Caroline Bayless||Abby Tindall|
|FJ4||Sam Bruce||Addi Harris|
|FJ5||Jordan Bruce||Andrea Riefkohl|
|FJ6||Owen Hennessey||Rees Tindall|