We are ON for today!
- One thing I noticed this weekend at St. Mary’s College is how diligent their sailors are in taking care of their boats. We do not have that same level of care. I went down to check on the boats last night because of all the rain, and one FJ dolly was crushed and ruined under the weight of the water in the boat. No more “good-enoughs” or corner cutting with gear and care. We will have a work-party day this week re-vamping our boat care and maintenance, and add some things in to our routine to take better care of things.
- Robby / Owen you have Laser sailing option any day this week. Please just let me know if/when you’d like to laser sail.
- Last JV regatta this weekend, the JV Championship at BCSC.
- Any out/optional people that come to practice, we will fill you in. We will try a few team race skippers in the crewing position this week…. so if you’d like to feel free to come down and hop in a coach boat.
- Today after a brief warm up we will practice team racing:
- normal starts, up to mark 1 and 2.
- downwind to marks 3-4 in unstable combos. We will reset at mark 2, and I will set you up in combos by follow-the-leader.
- keys to unstable combos are always to keep an eye on windshift/lulls and puffs (i.e. fleet racing) to use to your advantage. Simple speed and smart sailing are great team race weapons
- RED will scrimmage GREEN, and if anyone else wants to skipper and try that out, today may be a good day. All other boats can practice boat handling and rotate in crews to get everyone sailing.
|1||Owen Hennessey||Andrea Riefkohl||Lilly Baker|
|2||Teddy Cromwell||Hayden Lamb|
|3||Zander King||Chase W Hilliard|
|4||Coach Boat 2|
|6||Nick Garcia||Ben Saunders||Ella May Corckran|
|7||Jack O’Donnell||Chris Sixbey||Anna Howell|
|10||Kyle Reinecke||Chase O’Malley||Charlie Granitto|
|11||Robby Meek||Alex Brenia|
|12||Thomas Sitzmann||Raam Fox||OUT|
|1||Mariner Fagan||Ryan Wahba|
|2||Maddie Hawkins||Cole Petrinko|
|3||Sam Bruce||Addi Harris|
|4||Jordan Bruce||Rees Tindall|