WEDNESDAY: 1-Day / Tryouts
- Sailors in the right-most column will switch into the boat listed to the left. Halfway through practice 420’s 1-5 will switch into FJ.
- Objective: Working on Roll Tacking / Tryout Evaluation.
- rolling more to help overall roll. Do NOT pre-roll!
- Hand switch DURING tack (see photo)
- Proper rudder angle during flatten
- Proper flatten
- mainsheet trim throughout tack
- Backwards tack in FJ, and definitely try it in the z420 as well
- roll hard as you can in the 420 and late, and hard in the FJ late but be quicker coming back.
- self-analyze tacking footwork
- work on jib sheet transition during the tack
- UPWIND TACKING: Follow the leader, and order yourselves by the type of boat you are in, so 420’s in a line then FJ’s. On the whistle, turn upwind. 1 whistle = tack, 2 whistles = stop/start your boat, 3 whistles = race to an upwind mark or finish line
- DOWNWIND: Heading back downwind, we will simply FTL around a weather mark, then gybe on the whistle (2 whistles) to wing on, then wing-on/wing off (1 whistle)
|2||Jack||Audrey Klepper||Reese Corckran|
|5||Chris M.||Regan King|
|OUT / Coach Boat|