Today we will practice only with players listed below. People with names under “day off” on the list below, have the day off. The sailors listed under “coach boat” should report to practice.
Heavy air technique upwind and downwind. If necessary we will shorten the roster on-site.
Today we will practice only with players listed below. People with names under “day off” on the list below, have the day off.
Heavy Air Basics:
- Find a proper, ergonomic max hike position and technique. Do not kill yourself to hike, but create a repeatable technique that maximized efficiency while minimizing strain.
- Proper sailing gear in heavier wind is enormously important.
- Tacking is almost always slow. Add this to your tactical consideration.
- Downwind sailing has to be attacked. Being tentative downwind leads to disaster.
- “wild thing” can be fast and more stable
- z420 can be an effective wing-off planing boat in big wind and waves. Must be used carefully, but can be a great weapon downwind.
- Sail trim is critical.
- body strength/durability/stamina will win out.
|1||Thomas||Raam Fox||Helena English|
|3||Kyle||Jed Lory||Gavin Petrinko|
|4||Ava||Alex Brenia||Lilly Baker|
|5||Will||John Szynal||DAY OFF|
|6||Nate||Chris Sixbey||Emma F|
|7||Chris M.||Kate Castleberry||Finn Fries|
|8||Sam||Reese Corckran||Paisley Pentecost|
|9||Chase||Ella May||MacKenzie Getz|
|10||Julia||Anna Howell||Natalie King|