- Given: The 2022 Severn Sailing team has 23 members, 11 girls and 12 boys. No one has the same first name.
- Given: According to the US Census, the chance of two randomly selected women having the same first name is 0.3098%. The chance of two randomly selected males having the same first name is 0.8080%.
- What are the respective percentage probabilities of 11 girls, and 10 boys, having all different names?
- What is the percentage probability, in a 365 day year, that among 23 people, at least 2 will share the same birthday?
- What did we learn about 1-5-6?
- keep the 1 till mark 4 (this never happened)
- boats that are deep approach mark 4 NOT overlapped, but slow early and speed up late
- a really good 2-3-4 team should get around mark 3 in a 2-3-4
- Warm-ups…focus practice 2 (sail trim), do a few pigs in middle
- 420’s some 2 on 2’s, more sail-trim practice.
- Black vs. Red Mark 1 Match Race-to team-race Drill (one boat starts on port at the pin, the other at the boat end on starboard. both should be on/near layline to mark 1. then have at it. Next two boats then follow suit… then the final two
- if wind comes up a few races with everyone